- The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.-Vince Lombardi
- Excellence is not an act…but a habit.-Aristotle
- Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible.- Cadet Maxim, U.S. Military Academy
- Life is often compared to a marathon, but I think it is more like being a sprinter; long stretches of hard work punctuated by brief moments in which we are given the opportunity to perform at our best.- Michael Johnson
- It isn’t hard to be good from time to time in sports. What’s tough is being good every day. –Willie Mays
- Excellence= everybody striving to reach their full potential
- Excellence Requires: Planning, Commitment, Focus, Discipline, and Sacrafice
- Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skills to do difficult things easily.
- The foundation of excellence lies in self-control. –H.L. Baugher
- Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort. –John Ruskin
- If you can’t win, make the fellow ahead of you break the record.-Unkown
- Its easy to be ordinary, but it takes courage to excel… and we must excel.
- A man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for? –Robert Browning
- Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work. – Bette Davis
- I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. – Michael Jordan
- The hallmark of excellence, the test of greatness, is consistency.
- If you heed your fears, you’ll die never knowing what a great person you might have been. –Dr. Robert Schuller
Going far beyond the call of duty,
Doing more than others expect,
This is what excellence is all about!
And it comes from striving,
Maintaining the highest standards,
Looking after the smallest detail,
And going the extra mile.
Excellence means doing your very best.
In everything! In every way.
YOU ARE AT THE TOP WHEN…
- You have made friends with your past, and you are focused on the present and optimistic about your future.
- You have the love and respect of your enemies.
- You are filled with faith, hope, and love and you live without anger, greed, guilt, envy or thought of revenge.
- You know that failure to stand for what is morally right is the prelude to being the victim of what is criminally wrong.
- You are mature enough to delay gratification and shift your focus from your right to your responsibilities.
- You love the unlovable, give hope to the hopeless, friendship to the friendless, and encouragement to the discouraged.
- You know that success (a win) doesn’t make you and that failure (a loss) doesn’t break you.
- You an look back in forgiveness, forward in ho0pe, down in compassion, and up with gratitude.
- You are secure in who (and whose) you are, so you are at peace with God and in fellowship with humanity.
- You clearly understand that yesterday ended last night, that today is a brand new day, and it’s yours!
- You know that “he who would be the greatest among you must become the servant of all.”
- You are pleasant to the grouchy, courteous to the rude, and generous to the needy, because you know that the long-term benefits of giving and forgiving far outweigh the short-term benefits of receiving.
- You recognize, confess, develop, and use your God-Given physical, mental, and spiritual abilities to the glory of God and for the benefit of humankind.
- You stand in front of the creator of the universe, and he says to you, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.”