- It is not enough to get things done; they must be done right. –Arthur T. Hadley
- Those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. -Brutus Hamilton, OLYMPIC DECATHLETE AND COACH
- Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. –Saint Francis of Assisi
- As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father?… No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening-it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. Hebrews 12:7, 11
- Improving yourself is the best way to help your team.
- Discipline is “training that is expected to produce a specific character or pattern of behavior.”
- Bobby Knight: a. Do what has to be done
b. When it has to be done
c. As well as it can be done,
d. And do it that way all the time.”
- Tom Landry: “Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with the plan. The key is discipline-without it there is no morale.”
- Vince Lombardi: You teach discipline by doing it over and over; by repetition.”
- Bob Richards: “One of the greatest lessons I’ve learned in athletics is that you’ve got to discipline your life. No matter how good you may be, you’ve got to be willing to cut out of your life those things that keep you from
- Jerry West: “You cant get much done in life if you only work on the days when you feel good.”
- Discipline in football is executing fundamentals and techniques the right way under pressure.
- Discipline implies subjection to a control exerted for the good of the whole, the adherence to rules of policies extended for the orderly coordination of effort.
- Discipline: Do it right Do it hard Or Do it again
- A champion pays an extra price to be better than anyone else. –Paul “Bear” Bryant
- Only a fool despises… discipline; whoever learns from correction is wise.- Proverbs 15:5
- “You beat fatigue by superior conditioning, discipline and mental toughness that will allow you to be more alert to the world around you than your competitors are.” -Steven Hannant
A DISCIPLINED PLAYER…
1. Knows the importance of being on time.
2. Has learned the value of regular hours and good training habits from working hard in practice.
3. Has learned that the team comes before himself. This strengthens his character as he is sometimes called upon to sacrifice for others.
4. Has learned to take orders; in taking orders, he learns how to give them.
5. Knows that discipline is the essence of every successful organization; as a member of the team, he understands the need for it.
6. Has learned that many of these things establish a degree of self-discipline.
A DISCIPLINED TEAM…
1. Doesn’t beat itself by mistakes.
2. Keeps penalties to a minimum.
3. Is always ready to play—INTENSITY
4. Has the guts to come from behind.
5. Rises above adversity.
6. Never, never quits.