- “Being courageous requires no exceptional qualifications, no magic formula, no special combination of time, place and circumstance. It is an opportunity that sooner or later is presented to us all.” –John F. Kennedy
- “One man with courage makes a majority.” –Andrew Jackson
- “Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.” –Sir Winston Churchill
- “I believe in the Sun even when its not shining, I believe in love even when I feel it not, I believe in God even when He is silent.”- Words found on a cellar wall in Cologne after WWII
- “The Lord is my strength, of whom should be afraid?- Psalms 27:1
- “Be strong and take heart and wait on the Lord.”-Genesis 28:15 NIV
- “The wicked flee when no one is chasing them! But the Godly are bold as lions.” –Proverbs 28:1
- “The men who succeed best in public life are those who take the risk of standing by their own convictions.” – James Garfield
- “To see what is right and not do it, is lack of courage.” –Confucius
- “There’s a point to fear. But there’s immobility to it, too. Fear can make you avoid risk and adventure, and hide behind a mask of security. Fear can save our lives, but it can also shrivel us up, make us play things safe and sometimes deny us our greatest joys.”–Donn Moomaw
- “Not by might nor by power, but by my spirit’, says the Lord Almighty.” – Zecharaiah 4:6
- “They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings, like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” -ISAIAH 40:31
“To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose one’s feelings is to risk exposing your true self.
To place your ideas, your dreams, before a crowd is to risk their loss.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair.
To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard
In life is risk nothing.
They may avoid suffering and sorrow, but they cannot learn,
feel, change, grow, love, live.
Chained by their attitudes, they are a slave,
They have forfeited their freedom.
Only a person who risks is free.”
- BE BRAVE, STOUTHEARTED AND COURAGEOUS. ACT LIKE A MAN; BE STRONG.