Aim: Why were facist leaders able to gain blind loyalty amongst their followers?
How did Italy become a fascist state?
CO: 774-777 CN: 757-760 P: 807-809 PIB: 910-911 PIR: 807-808
- Define and identify the following: a. fascism b. Blackshirts c. Benito Mussolini
- What problems existed in Italy after WWI?
- How did Mussolini and his Fascist party come to power?
- How did Mussolini change Italy?
How did the Nazis come to power in Germany?
CO: 778-783 CN: 761-765 P: 809-811 PIB: 912-914 PIR: 808-810
- What problems existed in Germany during the 1920’s that led to the rise of extremist parties like the Nazis?
- What were the main ideas of Nazism?
- How did the Great Depression and the Treaty of Versailles help Hitler rise to power?
- Imagine you are a German citizen in the late 1920’s. The Depression has just hit and the world economy is plummeting, explain why you might support the Nazi Party?
Why did the Nazis make the Jews their special targets?
CO: 781 CN: 765 P: 831-834 PIB: 936-939 PIR: 814-815, 831-834
- Define the following terms: a. anti-Judaism b. pogroms c. anti-Semitism d. ghetto
- Explain how the terms ghetto and pogrom were part of the Jewish historical experience.
- What were some events that occurred to the Jews under the Nazis?
Aim: How Did Andre Trocme’s underdog status propel him toward dissidence in Nazi occupied France?