How did Otto von Bismarck unify Germany?
CO: 584-590 CN: 571-576 P: 616-618 PIR: 616-618 PIB: 695-697
- Explain the problems that kept Germany divided during the 1800s.
- Analyze Otto von Bismarck’s policy of Blood and Iron.
- Explain how his policy unified Germany.
- Debate how Bismarck should be viewed in world history.
Aim: How did music influence German Nationalism ? Activity
- Alternative History: Otto von Bismarck is considered one of the most influential leaders of the nineteenth century. In Germany, Bismarck is still one of the most loved figures in Germany history. WHAT IF Bismarck was never made prime minister? WHAT IF he was not given a position in the German government? How would Germany have been affected? Explain in a brief 3-4 paragraph essay.
How did Nationalism help unify Italy?
CO: 590-594 CN: 577-580 P: 615-616 PIR: 615-616 PIB: 694-695
- Define nationalism and explain how nationalism can affect a country.
- Describe how Italy was broken up before 1871.
- Explain the role of each of the following people: a. Giuseppe Mazzini b. Count Camillo Cavour c. Giuseppe Garibaldi d. King Victor Emanuel II
- Debate which of these men was most responsible for the unification of Italy.