How did the Enlightenment affect how people thought?
CO: 456-460 CN: 446-450 P: 551-555 PIR: 551-556 PIB: 629-634
- Define the following terms: a. Enlightenment b. censorship c. philosophy
- Explain what the Enlightenment was and how the Scientific Revolution and thought of natural laws inspired this period.
- Explain the ideas of: a. Locke b. Rousseau c. Voltaire d. Montesquieu e. Diderot
- Compare and contrast Enlightenment ideas with the ideas of the Middle Ages.
Were the kings and queens of Europe influenced by the Enlightenment?
CO: 461-465 CN: 451-455 P: 561-562 PIR: 558-562 PIB: 638-639
- Define the following: a. despot b. enlightened c. reform
- Explain the reforms made by the following enlightened despots: a. Frederick the Great of Prussia b. Catherine the Great of Russia c. Joseph II of Austria
- Debate how the lives of the people were affected by the ideas of the Enlightenment