How did French Rulers ensure absolute power?
- Define and identify the following: a. Huguenot b. Cardinal Richelieu c. Louis XIV
- Louis XIV said “”L’État, c’est moi” (“I am the State”). What does this quote mean?
- How did Louis XIV create a golden age in France?
- List TWO successes and TWO failures of Louis XIV’s reign.
Aim: How did the British Resist Absolute Rule?
How did a limited monarchy develop in England?
CO: 212, 433-435 CN: 208, 421-426 P: 353, 536-539 PIR: 353, 536-539 PIB: 394, 616-617
- Identify the following documents: a. Magna Carta b. Petition of the Right c. English Habeas Corpus Act d. English Bill of Rights
- Explain why the Englishmen turned to revolutions in 1640 and 1688.
- Explain why the Glorious Revolution is considered a turning point in world history.
Evaluate how these documents eventually led to a limited monarchy in England
- Historical Content:
- Create a newspaper headline addressing the changes that occurred in England after 1688.
- Write a short article explaining the importance of the changes.
Aim: IN what ways did Absolute Monarchs impact Russia?
Book: CO (Maroon/Black): 440-443 CN (Blue): 431-435
- Define the following: a. tsar/czar b. Westernization c. boyar
- How did Peter the Great change Russia?
- Why did he want a warm-water port?
- What was Peter the Great’s legacy?
Review For Test